Tuesday, October 5, 2010

4 way stop


They say a picture is worth a thousand words and I say I couldn't agree more. This picture captures my life in a nutshell. It's a 4 way street and no one knows whose turn it is. Its like we all paused for a minute and when we came back alive, we couldn't remember who stopped first.

I thought about this today...I was in the car with my mother...we were supposed to pick up something from a french neighborhood nearby, got lost and had to head back home. So it was a total fail and my mom was pissed off and didn't talk the whole way. It wasn't my fault...the GPS was just messed up! anyway, so I guess I had a lot of time to think about my life on our way back...Didn't come up with any new thoughts. Still trying to figure out what to do next. I can't just sit at home and do nothing...I feel like I'm slowly forgetting what I learned in Neuroscience. Yesterday, I came across an article about Codeine...how it might soon be banned in Canada as it may cause intoxication for those with fast metabolism...anyway, the article was very light, it was one of those articles MSN pops up when you sign out. The topic of drugs and metabolism has always been of great interest to me so I decided to look it up on U of T's library website, to find the journal article that published the study. Anyway, obviously the journal article wasn't as light as the news article lol...they got into the biochemistry, microbiology of metabolism and the chemistry of the drug and that's when I lost it. It's sad because I actually studied this stuff last year and I did really well in my drugs and the brain courses...I was so frustrated.

I have a job interview tomorrow...its with Statistics Canada. I'm kinda scared...It's not a very fancy job but they told to bring a calculator to the interview as there will be a test. They also gave me a website to prepare for the test. Kinda skimped through the sample questions and they weren't that easy. or maybe I'm slowly loosing my math/statistics knowledge (okay now I'm actually laughing at myself. I said "knowledge"....as if such thing existed in the first place!). I was never good at math. Anyway, enough negativity for the day...It is BEAUTIFUL outside! I'm actually typing this while enjoying the gorgeous sunshine outside! It's simply heavenly. But I heard it might start snowing next week...which is a bummer! BIG TIME! Why? Well, winter=snow=storms=slow season=no biking=staying at home a lot! You can tell that I'm not looking forward to it.

On a more somewhat "positive" note, I'm starting to take religion studies more seriously.

I just want to be happy again.

Till next time,

3 comments:

Touta said...

ahhh my god wallflower!!!

I feel like me and you should open a 'masakeen' group, and sit and sulk! :D

I really do hope it gets better for you (inshallah), and I know what you mean about the trashy people, its going to need a lot of fake smiles to get them to be slightly welcoming...though on one side perhaps you just shouldn't bother...

Keep writing, i hear its an excellent way to release tension :D
best wishes

Anonymous said...

this is sooo cool.

wallflower said...

what is so cool???