Monday, October 25, 2010

Cerebral approach...

Many things have happened since the last time I blogged. Tomorrow will either make me or break me. I find out if I my loan got approved. For some reasons I'm not worried. It feels like deep inside I don't want it to happen. Sounds crazy as I re-read what I just typed...but its true. I've been wanting this for my entire life. But somehow I feel hesitant. I find out tomorrow. I don't want to write more about it. Somethings we don't talk about, better do without and just hold a smile (the fray btw)
I have no idea what I'll do if medical school doesn't work out this time round. But it'll mean one thing for sure and that is I have officially exhausted all options...which does put my mind at ease a bit. Problem is I don't know what to do if it doesn't work out. I was talking to my mother the other day and I told her about how I'm interested in religion and how I'm thinking about perusing a masters degree in religions if med. school doesn't work out and I get this serious "how-dare-you" face. She's right. Five fudging years of neuroscience and then I switch to religion...But that's the only thing I'm actually interested in. But what do holders of religion MA do for a living?
Ughhh ya Allah! I don't want to think about it. I'm so lost. So stressed. One thing I learned about myself when I'm stressed is that I tend to want to cook. And that's what I've been doing recently.

This is a chinese wok. It looks dirty but its not. I got it at a garage sale. It's very handy! And I think I mentioned this before but I'm a HUGE fan of Asian food. This is my attempt at making fried noodles with vegetables and tofu <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiy9S2ot_1Hutw7KwQQqdACr-rLWJE3mBPn2zv8_gYBqP10dCHvNYhEdJTRSCNptA1jvxVXgZJUYd1uEEALBGmdgTx_pjKwC_F8RafsbwKMjQY0ewyTdz3527lUBspNlD60tPL1HF7qMGI/s1600/IMG_1664.JPG">1) Boil your spaghetti noodles and then drain them.
2) Get your vegetables ready: I have green peas, onions, mushrooms, carrots and tofu.

3) This is how an Asian wok looks like, add the vegetables first with a little bit of olive oil.
4) Add the noodles and some soy sauce (1 table spoon)

5) GOODNESS! this would have actually tasted a lot better if I had added an egg to the mixture but we were all out of eggs lol.

NEXT: I made sambusa and I just keep forgetting the recipe for the dough. It's actually a pretty easy one:
3/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of oil
Boil them and add to
2 cups of flour
1/4 turmeric powder
1/4 salt
Stuff it with whatever you like

This is how the dough looks like. It's very easy to work with
And that's the end result. It sort of looked like fried chicken because I used whole wheat flour. I stuffed it with potatoes and parsley.

NEXT: Pizza! Well, this is a combined effort so I can't take all the credit. Pizza is very easy to make.
And that sums up the past few days.

Till next time,

0 comments: