Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Halal Date

So on Monday I went on my first "halal date". According to me it was Halal anyway....I'm pretty sure there's people out there who would consider it Haram but anyway. It felt pretty awkward at first. Specially that my mother was there and the guy was there alone. I have no idea how he must have felt. But then my mom left us and we sat down and talked about things...he does come across as a pretty simple, down to earth guy which is contrary to what I thought of Iraqi guys...but I guess generalization is bad. so yeah, we talked about a whole bunch of random things. Height is an issue...with me being almost 5 inches taller than him. I don't know how I felt about it. It's like I've always had shorter friends and so walking with someone shorter than me, be it a male or a female is kinda normal since I am pretty darn tall. But to actually think of him as something more than just a male is different. and I'm pretty sure I cant conceptualize it quite yet. It takes time...it takes time for me to first start liking him and then experience the height difference in that context. I tried to explain that to him...I don't know if I sounded like I was pretty enthusiastic about the whole thing...I'm just naturally like that but I think he was under the impression that I liked him. Which I can't comment on right now...I just have no feelings towards him. It's so weird.
I actually never thought I was gonna meet someone this way. I always imagined myself falling in love with someone and then marrying them. Never thought about parents and their involvement but I have to admit that imagination is pretty unrealistic.
So there are many things I wanted to talk about but I'll save them for later since I'm literally loaded with work. I have an interview at St. Mike's tomorrow and then a conference at St. George so I have very little time for studying and my thesis is due in less than 2 weeks. I'm going nuts here.

I need a miracle, as usual.

Till next time

0 comments: