Thursday, March 5, 2009

Been a while

It's been a while (2yrs) since I wrote my last (and first) blog. Many things have changed since then...I'm still in university though, 4th yr but not last. I'm probably gonna stay for one more year...still head off toward the unknown and it feels horrible. But at least I'm kinda over med school...I've come to realize that I don't have what it takes to be a doctor...I am a little more honest with myself these days...more realistic about my future goals and my potentials/shortcomings which is a good thing I guess...so long as it doesn't limit me from reaching my realistic goals. By realistic goals I'm refering to grad school. I still hate UTSC a lot. In fact, I'm starting to hate Toronto as a whole but that's something I'll blog about later on as there's more important stuff on my mind.

Mom is leaving in a week. I'm scared to death. Not becaues of responsibility really, although I do think that it's going to be difficult, but because of the situation over there. She's planning to stay there for at least a month if not two. Meaning that she will be gone while I have exams which is a bummer because I have to cook, clean, wake everyone up in the morning, put up with their BS and attitude AND study AND go to work. I don't know how I'm going to handle all of this...It's scary and the last thing I want to do is get Cs and Ds on my trascript!

I really shouldn't be on the computer right now. I have a midterm on Thursday so that's like in a week but I have 12 chapters to cover in 5 days (I don't count Sunday and Monday, these two days are my 'Sabbath'). I'm not even in the mood of blogging. I'm just blogging because I'm bored. I was reading the newspaper in the morning and came across an interesting article about the conflict in the middle east...But I really don't want to discuss it here because this one is supposed to be more, well, personal I guess.
Anyhow, I'll end this blog with a nice quote I came across while I was surfing the net today, it goes like this: "Deprived of meaningful work, men and women lose their reason for existence; they go stark, raving mad"---Fyodor Dostoevsky

Till next time.

0 comments: